his second goal of the game

Questions, tips and strategies.

his second goal of the game

Postby shushu » 15 Mar 2019, 03:24

AMES, Iowa -- With about 9 minutes left in Iowa States game with TCU, Georges Niang of the Cyclones caught teammate Melvin Ejim looking up at the giant scoreboard that hangs over the centre of the court. "Im like, whats he looking at?" Niang said. "I looked up and he had 35 (points) and I was like, holy smoke, this could be a crazy night." That it was. Ejim scored a Big 12-record 48 points, making 20 of 24 shots, and grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds to lead No. 16 Iowa State past TCU 84-69 on Saturday, keeping the Horned Frogs winless in the conference. Ejim had two 3-pointers and six dunks during his big game, one on a spectacular fast-break lob from DeAndre Kane that gave the Cyclones (18-4, 6-4 Big 12) a 67-52 lead and effectively put the game out of reach. "It was teamwork," Ejim said. "These guys just did a great job finding me in transition and getting me the ball in places where I could score. They made really selfless plays. We were just giving up the ball and luckily, I was on the receiving end." A 6-foot-6 senior, Ejim scored 20 straight Iowa State points during one stretch in the second half and easily notched his 30th career double-double. He padded his lead in the Big 12 scoring race with a performance that topped the previous conference record of 44 points by Kansas States Denis Clemente in 2009 and the Wildcats Michael Beasley in 2008. His previous high had been 23 points against Oklahoma last season. Iowa States school record is 54 by Lafester Rhodes in an overtime victory over Iowa in 1987. Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, who once scored 41 in a game for the Cyclones, said Ejims record is all the more impressive considering it came in a league that has produced the likes of Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin. "All the great players that have gone through this league and Melvin Ejims name is at the top," he said. "Thats unbelievable for a guy that maybe doesnt get as much credit as he deserves. The Cyclones needed those points because TCU (9-13, 0-10) kept matching them basket for basket down the stretch. Ejim stayed in the game until 19.9 seconds were left, when he left to a lengthy standing ovation. "We were just playing," he said. "I wasnt really looking up to see how much I had. These guys just kept telling me to be aggressive, keep playing. I think I figured it out when they started chanting my name." Niang added 11 points and Kane finished with 10 assists for the Cyclones, who avoided a letdown after their thrilling three-overtime victory at Oklahoma State on Monday, their first win in Stillwater since 1988. Kyan Anderson led the Horned Frogs with 27 points and eight assists. Amric Fields scored 18 points and Karviar Shepherd had 11 for TCU, which was coming off single-digit losses to Texas Tech and No. 15 Texas, but could not keep up with the Cyclones and the high-flying Ejim. "I got back to Melvin back on (Big 12) media day," TCU coach Trent Johnson said. "He is one of my favourite college basketball players in the country this year. I think he is really underrated. He is a hell of a kid, at least from the interaction Ive had with him. He plays extremely hard and he is very efficient." The game was expected to offer a break for the Cyclones after they played four straight against Top 25 teams and eight in a row against teams that were ranked at one time or another. But the Horned Frogs proved to be a little more stubborn than anticipated despite a horrible start. TCU gave up the ball on a shot clock violation on the games first possession, Dustin Hogue followed with a 3-pointer and Iowa State led from then on as the Horned Frogs missed nine of their first 10 shots. Despite some sloppy play at times, the Cyclones built a 16-point lead late in the first half, then had the lead whittled to seven before Ejim went on his tear to wrap it up. TCU shot 29.6 per cent in the first half and did not have more baskets than turnovers until Anderson hit the second of two straight 3-pointers with 45 seconds left in the first half, cutting the lead to 32-22. "We battled," Johnson said. "For us to be within striking distance with about four minutes to go, I cant fault what our kids did." Cheap Lebron Shoes For Sale .S. -- Carl-Antoine Delisle snapped a tie in the third period with his second goal of the game to lead the Tigres past Cape Breton 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Wednesday as Victoriaville won its eighth in a row. Lebron James Sneakers Wholesale . Mladenovics quick hands at the net made the difference while Bencics inexperience in doubles showed. "We took a lot of pleasure," Mladenovic told Sport Plus television. "Its extremely difficult to play in such conditions, but our doubles team showed a lot of quality. http://www.cheaplebronshoes.net/ . - Chelseas 1-0 win at the Etihad, spoiling Manchester Citys perfect home record continues to be the talking point of the week. Wholesale Lebron Shoes . With their coach gone, they finally played offence the way he would have wanted. Amare Stoudemire made all seven shots in the first half, Anthony passed and shot well, and the Knicks shook off the surprising departure of their coach to rout the Portland Trail Blazers 121-79 on Wednesday night, snapping a six-game losing streak. Discount Lebron Shoes .com) - Nicolas Colsaerts fired an 11-under 60 on Thursday and grabbed a 3-stroke lead with the opening round of the Portugal Masters suspended by rain.HOUSTON -- Robinson Cano had wondered what would happen if rookie James Jones started getting on base consistently for the Seattle Mariners. His suspicions were confirmed Tuesday night. Cano and Kyle Seager had three RBIs apiece, Jones added two more and a seven-run sixth inning propelled the Mariners to score a season high in a 13-2 win over the Houston Astros, giving Seattle its second straight game scoring in double digits. Cano drove in two runs to give Seattle the lead in the first and hit the first of the five doubles in the sixth inning that tied a franchise mark and pushed the lead to 10-1. Jones three hits included a triple. The rookie, who hits in front of Cano, has seven hits in the first two games of this series. The Mariners won the opener 10-4. "I was telling Howard (Johnson), the hitting coach: Weve been winning games and hes not getting on base," Cano said. "Watch how many runs were going to score when he starts getting on base. And look what happened the last two days." Manager Lloyd McClendon has been impressed with the Jones progress. "Hes getting a lot of big hits for us, hes hitting left-handers, hes running the bases well," McClendon said. "Ive been very pleased. He continues to get better every day." Hisashi Iwakuma (6-4) went six innings, giving up a run on seven hits while striking out seven as the Mariners improved to eight games over .500 for the first time since the end of the 2009 season. Seager doubled and hit a solo homer in the ninth as the Mariners also set a season-high with 18 hits. Jarred Cosart (8-6) tied a season-high by allowing six runs on nine hits with four walks in 5 2-3 innings to end a four-game winning streak. "A lot of pitches up in the zone," manager Bo Porter said. "When he was on the streak that he was on, he was really finishing his breaking ball and inducing weak contact, but today, there were just a lot of pitches up in the zone." Darin Downs relieved Cosart and allowed five consecutive hits, with four doubles. All of the Mariners runs in the sixth came with two outs to mark the first time theyve had six straight run-scoring hits with two outs in an inning in franchise history, according to STATS.ddddddddddddIts also the first time theyve scored at least 10 runs in consecutive games since June 19-20, 2012. Jose Altuve had two hits for his MLB-leading 36th multihit game and Matt Dominguez drove in a run for Houston. Jones singled in his first two at-bats to give him a hit in six straight plate appearances. He had an RBI in the second and his second one in the seventh made it 11-1. Domingo Santana, Houstons eighth-rated prospect by Baseball America, went 0 for 4 in his major league debut after being called up from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Monday. Santana reached on an error in the seventh inning and scored on a ground-rule double by fellow rookie Kike Hernandez. Santana is the last of the players from the 2011 trade with the Phillies for Hunter Pence to reach the majors, joining Cosart, Jon Singleton and Josh Zeid. Cano hit a two-run double with two outs in the sixth inning to chase Cosart and push the lead to 5-1. Downs came in and was greeted with three straight doubles: by Seager, Logan Morrison and Mike Zunino to score three more. Michael Saunders followed with a run-scoring single before Dustin Ackley doubled off the left field wall to extend the lead to 10-1. Endy Chavez drew a leadoff walk before consecutive singles by Jones and Cano made it 1-0 in the first. Jones scored on a groundout by Seager to make it 2-0. Altuve and Presley singled in the first for Houston before Dominguez cut the lead to 2-1 with his two-out single to centre field. Ackley snapped an 0-for-21 skid with a single with one out in the second and scored on a single by Jones to make it 3-1. Ackley tied a season-high with three hits. Hernandez, who was called up from Oklahoma City on Tuesday, made his major league debut when he entered the game at second base in the seventh inning and finished with two hits. NOTES: The series wraps up Wednesday when Seattles Chris Young opposes Brad Peacock. ... The Astros on Tuesday signed OF Derek Fisher, who was the 37th overall pick in the draft. ... Houston placed CF Dexter Fowler on the disabled list retroactive to June 27 with a back strain. He is hitting .270 with six homers and 24 RBIs. ' ' '
shushu

Re: his second goal of the game

Postby helixjump » 08 Apr 2019, 08:28

Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon helix jump
helixjump

Return to Boss Discussion